Visiting Amsterdam - help needed.

• 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Hello dutch community.My name is Ian from the English community and i'm from Ireland.First of all since i'm in such a good mood today after our team beat Estonia 4-0 in the European Qualifiers last night then i think i'm allowed to say see ye in Poland/Ukraine for the European Championships next summer and good luck to ye ;)

Anyway i will be visiting this city with a few friends at the start of next year and while i have been there a few times i have never got much done while i am there not surprisingly so just would like to know what people would recommend us to do while there (Museums/parks/good shopping areas etc etc).If there is anything within an hour train journey as well then that is also ok.

If anyone knows a good drum and bass club or any club with good house music that they would highly recommend please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.
  • 11 antwoorden
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Greenhouse in amsterdam, only shopping area u need :D
    • faithless1
      faithless1
      Silver
      greenhouse indeed, i totally agree
    • Roodbaars1986
      Roodbaars1986
      Bronze
      There are so many good places to visit in amsterdam, some good nightlife going on nearby leidse square, for some good clubs i will get back to this topic cause i know the night life a bit in amsterdam, but spend more time in the shops, several good ones, greenhouse, dampkring in centre (expensive though) and the tweede kamer.. Dont go bulldog since price quality isnt that awesome. Check out freeuk.coffeeshop or some like that for some nice reviews.

Beside that, enjoy the beautifull amsterdam
    • NOREAGA020
      NOREAGA020
      Bronze
      You can also visit Dutch Flowers on the Singel just behind Spui and if you walk trough that small alley from the Spui to the Singel there you have de tweede kamer, a little shop, but also great weed. If you wanna fuck you go to the red light district, it's about 50 bucks for like 10 / 15 minutes, if your lucky / have a click with the lady you can stay a little bit longer. If you wanna go out, you go to the Rembrantsplein or Leidseplein and everthing in between, that's bassicly Amsterdam for the young. Do you like beer, you can go to the Heineken Brewery / Museum on the Stadshouderskade just around the corner of the Ferdinand Bolstraat, 10 minutes walk from there you have the van Gogh museum and also thre Albert Cuyp, that's the biggest market in Amsterdam. You can also take a canal tour, it's nice, the boats are mostly near Centraal Station. Don't buy your drugs from the street, just say you live in Amsterdam and you have your own dealer, they will leave you alone then or just say that you don't use drugs. And watch out for pickpocketdudes, they are mostly in the trams when it's bussy.
    • Wryzeth
      Wryzeth
      Bronze
      [X] visiting Amsterdam.
      [X] asks for things to do; a museum, parks, good shopping areas, clubs, etc.
      [X] gets suggestions about drugs and whores.

:rolleyes:
    • wim1988
      wim1988
      Bronze
      Oorspronkelijk gepost door Wryzeth
      [X] visiting Amsterdam.
      [X] asks for things to do; a museum, parks, good shopping areas, clubs, etc.
      [X] gets suggestions about drugs and whores.

:rolleyes:

Welcome in the netherlands :f_biggrin:
    • Rafke01
      Rafke01
      Bronze
      Oorspronkelijk gepost door NOREAGA020
      Do you like beer
      Then you can go to: The schutter adn try the belgium beers there(if they have any left, we cleaned out the bar this weekend)
    • AmsterdamCalling
      AmsterdamCalling
      Bronze
      In Winston Kingdom (Warmoestraat) there's a drum and bass party every monday or tuesday.
      In the Melkweg there's ctrl+alt+dance on saturday which is also pretty awesome.
      When you also like drum & bass, electro mixed with some indie you can go to Paradiso on wednesday and thursday.
      Bitterzoet also has alot of drum & bass and Dubstep party's.

Have fun.

xoxo
    • xXShinryuuXx
      xXShinryuuXx
      Bronze
      Oorspronkelijk gepost door PkingNanne
      Sounds geeky. Is it geeky?
    • AmsterdamCalling
      AmsterdamCalling
      Bronze
      Oorspronkelijk gepost door xXShinryuuXx
      Oorspronkelijk gepost door PkingNanne
      Sounds geeky. Is it geeky?
      no, it isn't. If it was geeky I wouldnt mention it.
    • dailytear
      dailytear
      Bronze
      Oorspronkelijk gepost door noisecore
      Greenhouse in amsterdam, only shopping area u need :D
      +1

:heart: