Audio-interview met Tony G

• Lanfear81
      Lanfear81
      HeadAdmin
      HeadAdmin
      PokerStrategy.com caught up with the always outspoken Tony G and he was certainly candid. He spoke at length about the business of poker, his own altercations, cash games he's played in, and more.

tony g
      Tony certainly enjoys his time at the tables
      Tony G is a huge figure in the poker world, both on and off the tables. He has over $4.4 million in career live tournament earnings and is known even more-so as a cash game player.

To be realistic about it, he's probably best known for his willingness to say whatever he's thinking at all times.

Check out the full audio of the interview by downloading or clicking play in the bar above, or look below for some of the best quotes from the interview. We warn you though- if you simply read the quotes, you'll want to listen to the rest.

Length: 39 minutes
      Producer:  Tobias Block

Tony G quotes

On the Poker Brat: "Phil Hellmuth think he's a superstar player, the best player in the world, and he thinks he's a great cash game player at the same time. He just thinks he's unlucky, everyone else plays bad around him, and he's a genius."

On his televised altercation with Ralph Perry: "I think I made Ralph famous - Ralph never made himself famous with his game or his performance after. He should have left the table much quicker than he did, hanging around there was terrible. I don't know what he was hanging around for, he just played the hand horribly and it was in the final. He should have just got on his bike and left. Quickly."

On his own strengths at the table: "I can read the game pretty well. I think I can lay down some hands that other players couldn't who are technically better than me. I don't really study the game technically like everyone else to be perfect - a German robot."

On the highest cash game he's ever played: "It's difficult to say because sometimes the games increase. If they start in Russia, for example, at $1K/$2K PLO, they could slip up to $5K/$10K and maybe even $10K/$20K for a few hands - US Dollars. They can get big; we also had a rule of unlimited straddles. I remember one guy would always do a $100K Straddle, even if we were playing $1K/$2K."

On the future of the online poker market: "Unless the US opens, I think online poker will struggle from here. If the US opens, it can get massive."

On if he'll ever quit: "I would probably only quit for health reasons... or if I owe someone a lot of money and I don't want to show my face."

On top of that, he spoke about playing heads-up with technically sound players including Erik Lindgren and PokerStrategy.com CEO Dominik '{communitylink=Korn}' Kofert, his numerous business ventures including TonyResort and Gimahhot, what makes someone one of the best players in the world, what he thinks about Full Tilt's management and future, the impact of dealt vs. contributed rake, and tons more about the business of poker.

As always, Tony didn't hold his tongue on anything, and we recommend you listen for yourself. PokerStrategy.com would like to thank Tony G for giving us some of his time and providing so much interesting information!
  • 12 antwoorden